Conventional detergent shampoos can strip the hair of its natural oils, as well as being harmful to the water’s ecosystems. By ditching the chemicals and opting instead for this homemade version, you can take care of your hair without the need for parabens and sulphates.
Rice milk and rosemary oil each contain vitamins that encourage hair growth, whilst cedarwood reduces scalp dryness.
- 230ml rice milk
- 75g melt and pour soap compound
- 5 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- mixing spoon
- squeeze or pump bottle
- Microwave the melt and pour soap for 1 minute until completely liquid.
- Pour the rice milk and melt and pour soap in your bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Add in the cedarwood and rosemary essential oils and stir.
- Place the funnel into your bottle and pour in the shampoo.
- If separation occurs, simply shake before use. Use within 1 month and store in the fridge.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful – Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.